Sunday, January 24, 2010

New Blogger, New to Blogging



Hey All, I'm Blaine, the newest addition to Tony and Henry's blogger slaves (friends).

I'm a photographer by trade, but I'd have to list bikes as my number two obsession.
I love riding bikes, but I also love not waiting for the subway, so I've been mostly commuting by bike for the last 3 years.

Within the last year or two I've quickly transitioned from minimalist fixed gear rider to a total racks and fenders OCD Fred.


Exhibit A, Iro Mark V with round Dedaccai tubing: The first bike I ever got to build up nicely from the frameset; built the wheels myself, etc. Nicest bike I'd ever owned.

















Exhibit B, 1975 Raleigh Gran Sport: Great touring bike modified into a wonderful all purpose townie bike.



















Over the next few weeks I'll see if I can cobble together a visual timeline of how I got from A to B.

So, I'll be in touch, and I'll likely post random bike pictures along the way.








No comments:

Post a Comment